Join Northern Ireland Opera at The New Orpheus, Belfast for an afternoon of quizzes and live opera performance, hosted by actor and vocalist Harry Lambert, who will be familiar to regulars at the Harp Bar downstairs where he performs regularly in their Saturday Night Live sessions.
The New Orpheus is above the Harp Bar on Hill Street Belfast and is a stunning monument to one of Belfast’s lost architectural treasures, the Orpheus Ballroom, York Street (1932).
Expect trivia questions on opera, classical music and general knowledge, live performances from guest artists including soprano Mary McCabe and exciting prizes on offer for quiz winners (and losers!)
- Maximum team size – 6 people.
- Age advisory: 16+
- Find out more about The New Orpheus here
- 1 night stay for two people with breakfast at Grand Central Hotel, Belfast (Donated by The Lanyon Group)
- Sparkling afternoon tea for two people at Titanic Hotel, Belfast (Donated by the Titanic Hotel)
- Two tickets to ‘La Traviata’ at the Grand Opera House on Thursday 15th September
- Two tickets to the final of the 12th Glenarm Festival of Voice on Sunday 28th August
- Two tickets to the Opening Concert of the Ulster Orchestra’s new season on 23rd September at 7.45pm: Brahms Piano Concerto No 2 and Ein Heldenleben by R Strauss, with Stephen Hough, piano and conducted by Daniele Rustioni (Donated by the Ulster Orchestra)