Join Northern Ireland Opera in the beautiful coastal village of Glenarm from August 25-27 for our annual celebration of song: The Glenarm Festival of Voice.
Now in its thirteenth year, this much-loved event brings together BBC Radio 3 recitals, outreach events, performances by emerging artists and culminates in the Competition Finale, hosted by our Patron, BBC Radio 3 broadcaster Sean Rafferty, where five singers from across the island of Ireland compete in front of a live jury panel to win the Deborah Voigt Opera Prize and become the NI Opera Young Opera Voice of 2023.
The theme for the 2023 BBC Radio 3 Recitals is Women Composers and Poets. Our three BBC Radio 3 recitalists will be announced later this spring. Free tickets will be available to book to experience these BBC Radio 3 recitals live in Glenarm through BBC Audiences in the next month or two. We’ll announce the date when these will be available on this page, via our social media and through our e-newsletter which you can sign up for at the bottom of the page.
- The Vocal Competition Finalists and Peter Rankin Piano Intern for 2023 will be announced in June
- Find out more about the Competition Finale in this short video – click here to watch.
- Further information about the BBC Radio 3 recitalists and how to apply for tickets for these free events will be updated here in the next few weeks.
- The afternoon recital in The Londonderry Arms, Carnlough, will take place at 3pm on Saturday 26th August.
- Full details of all Festival Events and ticket links will be confirmed later this Spring.
Find out more about last year’s Festival of Voice by clicking here.