Join Northern Ireland Opera at various locations along the Maritime Mile on Sunday afternoons for free pop-up performances by opera singers comprising an hour of arias, lieder, musical theatre or art songs.
The final performance on 28th July features soprano Alice Johnston, who will be performing a mix of opera, musical and Gilbert and Sullivan songs, and pieces from Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte/Don Giovanni to My Fair Lady and the lovely melodies of Ivor Novello, Kurt Weill and Stephen Schwartz with pianist Lorraine Stanley.
These events are part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’ which are a series of free music events every Sunday at locations along Belfast’s historic Maritime Mile featuring opera, folk, bluegrass and jazz curated by SnowWater and funded by the Maritime Mile.
- 28 August, 12-1pm, Alice Johnston and pianist Lorraine Stanley at The SoundYard
- 21 August, 12-1pm, NI Opera Chorus from ‘La Traviata’ at The SoundYard
- 14th August, 12-1pm, Soprano Sinéad O’Kelly with pianist Lorraine Stanley: The SoundYard
- 7 August, 12-1pm, Soprano Ellen Mawhinney with pianist Frasier Hickland, The SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena).
- 31 July, 12-1pm, Soprano Petra Wells with pianist Frasier Hickland, The SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena).
- 3 July, 2pm, Soprano Susan Shepherd, pianist Lorraine Stanley, Drawing Room 1, Titanic Hotel, Belfast
- 26 June: 12pm Vocalist Harry Lambert, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SoundYard
- 19 June, 12pm, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara, SoundYard
- 12 June, 2pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SS Nomadic
- 12 June 4pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, St Joseph’s Church, Sailortown
- 29 May, 2pm: Soprano Mary McCabe, pianist Lorraine Stanley, Drawing Office 1, The Titanic Hotel
- 22 May, Mezzo Jenny Bourke, pianist Lorraine Stanley, the SoundYard
- 15 May, Bass Fionn Ó hAlmhain at SS Nomadic – opera, songs and Uillean pipes
- 8 May, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara at SoundYard – musical theatre and songs
- 1 May, Soprano Petra Wells at SoundYard – arias and songs
‘Northern Songs’ at RiverBox
‘RiverBox’ is a big screen on shipping containers on the Titanic Slipways, which will be showing a selection of films from our ‘Northern Songs’ series as part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’. From 9am to 9pm from 12th June, head along to RiverBox to watch our films of singers performing songs by Irish composers in iconic locations around Northern Ireland. All the singers featured have been winners or finalists in the Glenarm Festival of Voice, which takes place each year at the end of August in the beautiful coastal village of Glenarm.
To listen to the films, you’ll need to download the free AudioFetch app and connect your headphones.