Join Northern Ireland Opera at various locations along the Maritime Mile on Sunday afternoons for free pop-up performances by opera singers comprising an hour of arias, lieder, musical theatre or art songs.
The next performance, on 31st July, features soprano Ellen Mawhinney with pianist Frasier Hickland, who will perform opera favourites and songs at The SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena, near the entrance to W5).
These events are part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’ which are a series of free music events every Sunday at locations along Belfast’s historic Maritime Mile featuring opera, folk, bluegrass and jazz curated by SnowWater and funded by the Maritime Mile.
Details of the August performance times and locations for Northern Ireland Opera coming soon!
- 7 August, 12-1pm, Soprano Ellen Mawhinney with pianist Frasier Hickland, The SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena).
- 14th August, 12-1pm, TBC: The SoundYard
- 21 August, 12-1pm, NI Opera Chorus from La Traviata at The SoundYard
- 28 August, 12-1pm, TBC at The SoundYard
- 31 July, 12-1pm, Soprano Petra Wells with pianist Frasier Hickland, The SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena).
- 3 July, 2pm, Soprano Susan Shepherd, pianist Lorraine Stanley, Drawing Room 1, Titanic Hotel, Belfast
- 26 June: 12pm Vocalist Harry Lambert, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SoundYard
- 19 June, 12pm, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara, SoundYard
- 12 June, 2pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SS Nomadic
- 12 June 4pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, St Joseph’s Church, Sailortown
- 29 May, 2pm: Soprano Mary McCabe, pianist Lorraine Stanley, Drawing Office 1, The Titanic Hotel
- 22 May, Mezzo Jenny Bourke, pianist Lorraine Stanley, the SoundYard
- 15 May, Bass Fionn Ó hAlmhain at SS Nomadic – opera, songs and Uillean pipes
- 8 May, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara at SoundYard – musical theatre and songs
- 1 May, Soprano Petra Wells at SoundYard – arias and songs
‘Northern Songs’ at RiverBox
‘RiverBox’ is a big screen on shipping containers on the Titanic Slipways, which will be showing a selection of films from our ‘Northern Songs’ series as part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’. From 9am to 9pm from 12th June, head along to RiverBox to watch our films of singers performing songs by Irish composers in iconic locations around Northern Ireland. All the singers featured have been winners or finalists in the Glenarm Festival of Voice, which takes place each year at the end of August in the beautiful coastal village of Glenarm.
To listen to the films, you’ll need to download the free AudioFetch app and connect your headphones.