Join Northern Ireland Opera at various locations along the Maritime Mile on Sunday afternoons for free pop-up performances by opera singers comprising an hour of arias, lieder, musical theatre or art songs.
The next performance, on 26th June, features vocalist Harry Lambert, who made his professional debut in our production of ‘Into The Woods’ at the Lyric Theatre in February, who will perform musical theatre favourites and songs at the SoundYard (at the back of the SSE Arena, near the entrance to W5) between 12-1pm.
These events are part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’ which are a series of free music events every Sunday at locations along Belfast’s historic Maritime Mile featuring opera, folk, bluegrass and jazz curated by SnowWater and funded by the Maritime Mile.
See below for the list of events and locations of our performances each week.
- 26th June: 12pm Vocalist Harry Lambert, SoundYard
- 3rd July, 2pm, Soprano Susan Shepherd, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SS Nomadic
- 19th June, 12pm, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara, SoundYard
- 12th June, 2pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, SS Nomadic
- 12th June 4pm, Soprano Rachael Heater, pianist Lorraine Stanley, St Joseph’s Church, Sailortown
- 29th May, 2pm: Soprano Mary McCabe, pianist Lorraine Stanley, Drawing Office 1, The Titanic Hotel
- 22nd May, Mezzo Jenny Bourke, pianist Lorraine Stanley, the SoundYard
- 15th May, Bass Fionn Ó hAlmhain at SS Nomadic – opera, songs and Uillean pipes
- 8th May, Vocalist Jolene O’Hara at SoundYard – musical theatre and songs
- 1 May, Soprano Petra Wells at SoundYard – arias and songs
‘Northern Songs’ at RiverBox
‘RiverBox’ is a big screen on shipping containers on the Titanic Slipways, which will be showing a selection of films from our ‘Northern Songs’ series as part of ‘Sundays on the Maritime Mile’. From 9am to 9pm from 12th June, head along to RiverBox to watch our films of singers performing songs by Irish composers in iconic locations around Northern Ireland. All the singers featured have been winners or finalists in the Glenarm Festival of Voice, which takes place each year at the end of August in the beautiful coastal village of Glenarm.
To listen to the films, you’ll need to download the free AudioFetch app and connect your headphones.